Bowling is an art, and this art requires skill and proper technique. But this skill doesn’t come out automatically; rather, it is developed through practice and proper training. That’s why many tricks and steps are used so to get oneself adept in this art.
As for a starter, the grip on the bowl is not good. The speed is not consistent, and the curve is not there. Therefore, to master the skill, straight bowling balls are used by the bowlers so to level up the skill. And these bowlers are known as straight bowlers. And through this article, we will look at some of the best straight bowling balls that can be used for the said purpose. Furthermore, we would also enlist the criterion on the basis on which a ball should be selected. So let’s get started:
Criterion for selecting a ball:
For every person, the criteria for selecting a ball are different. Some are more into one thing and less into another. However, we would follow a general approach and would use the essential features that everyone considers as a yardstick for choosing a bowling ball. Some of the main components are;
Coverstock is one of the key criteria for choosing the best bowling ball for straight bowlers. However, several items are used for the said purpose. But the best option is to use a ball that has a plastic coverstock. The reason, of course, is that plastic provides low friction on the lane and helps more to bowl a straight ball. Therefore a ball, having a plastic coverstock mainly made from polyester and urethane is highly recommended.
Surface Finish is also crucial when it comes to choosing a straight bowling ball. As for a surface that is well polished and has a good surface look has less friction to offer. Moreover, it has more tendency to go in a straight line as compared to a rough surface. Additional to this, the polished surface is easy to bowl as well.
Pricing is another key factor as well. While choosing, it is also referred that the pricing should be given due consideration w.r.t. to competitors to be affordable and product-able as well.
Customer reviews are essential for choosing an item. As the opinion they give is based on the personal experience they have had vs. the expectations they possessed.
Additional to this, they often tend to bolster the confidence towards buying a specific item as well. However, it is essential to note that these reviews should be genuine, and that’s why it is recommended that you should consider the customer feedback on the Amazon store.
5 Best bowling balls for straight bowlers:
Some of the best bowling balls for straight bowlers based on the above criterion is as follow:
Brunswick Bowling Balls are marked as a best seller on the Amazon store. The key features that it brings are as follow;
- Coverstock: It has plastic/polyester coverstock. It tends to reduce the friction on the lane and hence ensures good straight bowling.
- Surface finish: Brunswick Tzone Deep Space has a high gloss polish finish on the surface. As a result, the hook potential is low up to a value of 25. Thus, it reduces the curviness of the ball up to a great extent.
- Pricing: It comes at a price between $48-68 which is quite reasonable compared to the other competitors.
- Customer reviews: It enjoys 4.7/5.0 stars. The customers have been marked as a perfect match for beginners and are also marked as the best seller on the Amazon store.
Moreover, it is available in a number of different colors and is undoubtedly one of the best straight bowling balls.
Storm Ice Blue & White bowling ball is another highly rated product for straight bowling balls. The key features that it possesses are;
- Coverstock: Storm Ice Blue has Pearl Polyester coverstock. It has a traditional three-piece core. As a result, it grips in easily and hence moves without any curve.
- Surface finish: Storm Ice Blue has a 3500-grit polished surface that gives a smooth and shining surface. Hence a frictionless lane surface
- Pricing: It comes at a reasonable price between $69 -95, although it is a bit higher than the Brunswick Tzone, but for the features available, it is still not a reasonable option.
- Customer reviews: It enjoys 4.9/5.0 stars. Based on the customer reviews, it is marked as a great spare ball.
Being made from Pyramid quality material Pyramid path bowling ball possess some of the outstanding features that are as follow;
- Coverstock: Being made from a premium quality Polyester coverstock, it features negligible hook and flare potential. Additionally, the polyester surface is highly durable and offers an outstanding grip over the lane.
- Surface finish: It has a factory finish polish surface featuring medium flare potential. Hence, ensuring a frictionless smooth surface.
- Pricing: It comes at a nominal price between $49 -74 with weight ranging between 8-16 lbs.
- Customer reviews: It enjoys 4.9/5.0 stars on the Amazon store. It is marked as durable, frictionless, and a perfect item for straight bowling.
The hyper sniper is the latest addition to the spare balls by Motiv. The key features that it brings are as follow;
- Coverstock: It features a hybrid coverstock. Being made from Polyurethane, it brings an extra performance and durability with superb control and balance.
- Surface finish: The ball is finished with a 5500 grip lsp that gives an extra shiny surface to the ball. Moreover, this smooth finish also helps to ensure a minimal hook and lower flare potential as well.
- Customer reviews: Based on the Amazon reviews, it is marked as something that is easy to get used to for the bowlers who are more into straight bowling. The control and predictability that it brings make it one of the best bowling balls for straight bowlers.
Brunswick Viz A bowling ball is a special bowling edition being introduced by Brunswick that brings everything one needs to see in a straight bowling ball. The key features that it brings are as follow;
- Coverstock: The ball is specially designed for recreational and beginner bowlers. It is marked as a perfect match for straight bowling bowlers. Being made from a high-quality polyester material, it maintains its lane and offers lower hook potential.
- Surface finish: It brings a smooth surface finish, and an actual image is embedded on the top of the ball.
- Pricing: Weighing around 6 pounds, it is priced at more than $79, which may seem a bit high, but not much as we look at the features that it brings. As when bowled under the blacklight, it gives glows and has an exclusive 360 edition as well.
- Customer reviews: It enjoys quite a reputation on the Amazon store. It has been given 4.7/5.0 ratings based on the customer reviews and has been marked as a perfect fit for the job.
To summarize, above are the five best products that are highly recommended for straight bowlers. They are classified and ranked based on the utility they possess and the customer reviews they have received. Moreover, a relative competitive analysis based on the price and the feature review has been given above. So it is up to you which one you like the most.